NDTC

 

Nottingham Dog Training Club was started in 1956, by four founding members, who were Walter and Dorothea (girlie) Drury, Nan Greatrex and John Gee. They started just one night a week at St Saviours church hall in the Meadows area of Nottingham, but it soon became obvious that they would have to hire the hall for extra nights or find new accommodation. So late in the 1960's the Club arranged to lease some land at the bottom of the Wells Road, which had been part of the old Nottingham Suburban railway line out of Nottingham Victoria Station.

Early in 1970 the new Club house was complete, but just two weeks before we could move in, vandals set fire to the premises, which was totally destroyed. At this point people from dog training clubs from all round Britain stepped in, buying life memberships for £25; which was a considerable amount at that time, so the club could get enough funds together to rebuild the club premises.

This was achieved, and by summer of 1972, the new club house was ready for use. We remained on that site until the mid 1980's, when the council required the site for a new housing project. So we had to start again to get the finances together to rebuild a new club house, the site offered is the one now occupied by the club, which is still on the old railway line, but about half mile further along.

The club is a non profit making organisation and is run entirely by volunteers. We hold classes five nights a week teaching owners from all over Nottingham to become responsible dog owners and to enjoy the relationship with their canine companions.

 

home page contact us page timetable page

 

 
 
cobtact us timetable link